MPS District Choral Fest
Choral Fest is designed to introduce grade 5 students to the large choral ensemble experience and to introduce grade 8 vocalists to high school SATB literature. This is a collaborative event during the school day encompassing all elementary schools and our secondary choral departments.
- Chorał students are bussed from each school to Maloney High School and return before the end of the school day.
- Students are arranged into large choral ensembles directed by MPS teachers. Grade 5 students work with middle school staff and 8-12 students work with our high school directors.
- Students eat lunch in their own designated lunch wave in the Maloney cafeteria
- Music is provided to all students but their school music teacher and dedicated time will be setup too provide rehearsal and assistance to students.
- There is no public performance at this event. This is designed as a masterclass, with the focus being on conceptual learning and the experience of large-group choral performance
- Questions should be directed to the school music teacher, who will be your students chaperone throughout the event.
2023 Event Logistics: