Outdoor Event COVID-19 Guidelines
The Meriden Public Schools Department of Music & Theater is excited to be performing for live audiences once again! This spring, we will be hosting several outdoor events at our schools and at Hubbard Park. It is important that all performers and audience members pay strict attention to our guidelines for outdoor events in order to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone involved.
The following guidelines have been developed based on CT DPH Health Guidance, Connecticut State Reopening Guidance and specific K-12 COVID-19 guidance provided by the CT State Department of Education.
GUIDELINES FOR OUTDOOR MPS ARTS EVENTS:
- Audience members need to bring their own seating - lawn chairs, blankets, etc. The venue will not be providing audience seating.
- Audience members are expected to wear masks at all times unless eating or drinking.
- Concessions may be provided. Items will be individually wrapped and distributed in compliance with local health guidance.
- Audience parties must remain at least 6 feet from other parties.
- Performers will remain at least 12 feet from audience members during all aspects of the performance.
- Please note that in some cases, performers may be performing without using masks (but will always be 12+ feet from audience members).
- We will not be providing tickets or charging an entry fee at events in order to eliminate a touch point and eliminate people gathering at ticket counters, etc. You are welcome to enter the open space seating area from many entry points. Donations are always appreciated and can be made at the concession area or via an online donation system that will be accessible via your phone at the event.
- Show programs will be provided digitally via QR code and can be viewed on your phone or device.
- Adults assisting/volunteering at the event must be vaccinated in order to work with students. Adults must be registered with the director/teacher ahead of time. Adult volunteers must use masks at all times.
Thank you for supporting The Meriden Public Schools Department of Performing Arts!